Sunday, May 26, 2013

What hardware/software do I need to record video of my gaming on xbox 360 to post to youtube?

Q. I'd like info from folks who have already done all the troubleshooting and have figured out the simplest method of taking video of xbox gaming and posting to youtube.
Thanks.

A. Xbox 360 montage with the TriStar MX HDPVR is easy. I'll tell you how I do it. You can see example on youtube or on the website of the company - click the more tab on the detail page.

To get good youtube montage quality I would recommend using a HDPVR only. Newelectronx makes a very affordable HDPVR that works great on video game footage. Allow me to explain how it works.

You can record gameplay footage to a computer with a TriStar MX HDPVR. In fact you can use certain HDPVR recorders with or without a computer - this one allow you that choice. Others HD PVR may insist that you use the computer :( The end result will be game play from the ps3 or xbox360 that you can use on your computer to edit or whatever.

TriStar MX HDPVR works right out of the box and includes everything you need to start recording. Here is how it is done.

1. Using the cable included in the HD PVR box connect the composite cables from the xbox 360 or playstation ps3 to the input on the rear of the TriStar MX HD PVR.
2. Connect the component outputs of the HD PVR to your TV with component cables included in the box. This is considering your have a HDTV. If you have a standard TV then use the included composite cables to connect it to your standard TV. Its like connecting a DVD player. If you have a HDTV then set the setting in the menu to either 720p or 1080i. It will give the best recordings and best output on your HDTV screen.
3. Press video input on the TriStar MX HD PVR remote control or on the top of the HD PVR console. There is a LCD screen on the tristar hd pvr and button on top the console to navigate if you dont want to use the included remote. Anyways, press input. Now you can see the video game on your television.
4. Start playing and then press record on the TriSTar MX HD PVR. You can use the remote or the buttons on the Tristar MX HD PVR. Now the video game will be recoding live while you play it and you can see it at the same time.
5. When your done press stop on the HD PVR. You can replay the video from the HD PVR or edit or delete it. Or you can connect the HD PVR to your computer.
6. You can connect it to your computer in many ways. You can connect it to your network and have the gameplay directly recorded to your computers hard drive. Or you can connect it to your computer with the included USB cable.
7. Once connected look for the file that you just recorded. You can transfer it from HD PVR like an external hard drive or just edit and leave it on the HD PVR. Mine has a 1TB hard drive in it. So I just leave everything there and play it from there after I edit it because I have so much space on it.

Thats pretty much how it is done (for me). Now the video gameplay footage from your ps3 and xbox can be edited on your computer, laptop, notebook, or mac.

If you find something cheaper that can do the same quality as the Newelectronx HDPVR then let me know. I am interested to see it. I'm Jeffery Rivera and I hope my answer has helped you. Good luck and take care.


Why does the picture go blurry when I play old Xbox games on Xbox 360?
Q. I have a 32" flat screen LCD HDTV. When I play Xbox 360 games it works just fine, but when I put in a old regular Xbox game and play it, the picture gets blurry. I mean I have picture and sound and stuff but it's like its blurry, like if you hit your head and sees double. This happens with all games that are for the old Xbox. What should I do, have anybody had this problem?

A. Well,since it is an original Xbox game, they say it will NOT work perfectly on an Xbox 360. Most Original Xbox games work almost perfectly on xbox 360 and some don't. Sorry.


What do I need to get to get my HDTV to display Comcast Basic cable?
Q. Just purchased a 50" Samsung HL-S5086W. DVDs and most of my XBOX games look fabulous, and SOME channels look a little better than my regular TV, was told there is some sort of $5 part I can get to enjoy the 1080i without going to Digital Cable.
Just talked with Comcast and they told me $16 a month for the set top box.

A. You need a HD programming service from comcast. They will give you a new HD box. I believe its a $5.00 more for the rental of that HD box as compared to normal digital box. There are about 19 true HD channels offered by Comcast to date.
Go exchange the existing digital box with the HD box from your local comcast office. Else they will charge your for sending someone to install. All connection cables are provided with the HD box. Just follow the isntructions. I have it. Nice to have HD with 5.1 audio ! Looks and sounds awesome.

P.S. If you have been a customer for 6 or more months you can opt for $9.95 HD box with HD DVR. This way you can also record HD programming ! They charge a deposit for this if you are a relatively new customer.
Tip: get a $100.00 service rebate if you sign up for HD programming from retail stores like Circuit city or Radioshack. You get $100.00 off on your comcast bill after about 6-8 weeks.

Hope this helps! Good Luck

Added 12/8: $16.00 for the box ?? The rates maybe differing from market to market then. Its only 9.95 with HD DVR over here in Phila area! Do visit Circuit city or Radioshack to upgrade to HD. Over here we have the $100.00 rebate promotion until 12/31!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment